Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nationals of Trinidad and Tobago for employment in the following contract positions in the Ministry of Works and Transport.
To keep the roads clear of illegally parked vehicles, to ensure the smooth flow of traffic and enforce traffic regulations.
- To provide uniformed presence in designated areas in order to:
- Promote and ensure road safety for both vehicles and pedestrians by contributing to effective traffic management.
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago in respect for the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act.
- Assist the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service in the control and regulation of traffic.
- Patrol designated areas and ensures that motorists adhere to parking regulations.
- Issue ‘Fixed Penalty Notices’ as necessary, issue verbal warnings and educate the public as appropriate.
- Conduct and regulate traffic as required to ease congestion.
- Attend court and give evidence related to his/her functions.
- Provide advice, assistance and directions to members of the public including advising motorists of available parking facilities etc.
- Any other related duties as directed by his/her superiors.
ROLE SPECIFIC TRAINING
Training as approved by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service Academy to fulfill the scope of responsibility of Traffic Wardens.
- Traffic Wardens are expected to possess the following core competencies:
- Ability to demonstrate respect, courtesy and restraint when dealing with members of the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to customer service delivery.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours as part of a team.
- Confidence and ability to deal with others tactfully and with sensitivity.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative and unsupervised.
- Ability to adopt a problem solving approach.
- Ability to ride a motorized vehicle.
FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
A minimum of (3) Ordinary Level passes at CXC or GCE including English Language OR an equivalent combination of education, experience and training in a closely related field.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary, allowances and other terms and conditions of employment are to be negotiated with the Chief Personnel Officer, Personnel Department.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
- Interested personal are asked to submit a written application, complete with a resume.
- Three letters of reference (not more than 3 months old).
- A Police Certificate of Character (not more than 3 months old) of evidence of having applied for same.
- A copy of their National Identification Card, Driving Permit or Passport.
- Copies of transcripts and other relevant certificates.
- Persons who applied previously are urged to re-apply.
- Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE CITIZENS OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.
Applications including Curriculum Vitae, giving details of qualifications and experience, should be submitted not later than April 13, 2011, to:
The Ministry of Works and Transport
c/o Curtis S. Belford, MCJ
Office of Law Enforcement Policy
55-57 St. Vincent Street